Saving time and reducing the extra overhead costs are one of the most important things you take care of when you own a restaurant. One way to achieve this aspiration of yours is by using the sous vide cooking methods. Sous Vide Cooking in Restaurants is not only practical but efficient as well and saves you with a lot of time and money for sure. There are a considerable number of benefits that this common food preparation method has to offer you. In this article, we will be covering different aspects related to this topic to provide you with wider knowledge pertaining to this topic.
What are sous vide?
This food preparation method is known to simmer the food by creating a vacuum and sealing the food with water bath that is set at a specific temperature. This process is pronounced just as “sue veed” and cooks the menu with the precision and consistency by the control the temperature at a certain point. This method was initially used in the French kitchens in the mid-1970s but now is widely used in the commercial kitchens all across the world.
The method was first available only for the upscale establishments but now is easily accessible by anyone without any problem. This method can be used to prepare a different kind of food items. It allows you to make anything and everything from fruit to steak. It is not that difficult to prepare the sous vide dishes. All you will be required is the proper equipment along with some basic technical knowledge about the Sous Vide Cooking in Restaurants.
Benefits of Sous Vide Cooking in Restaurants
Some of the main benefits regarding the sous vide cooking are mentioned down below for providing you a better understanding.
- You will not have to watch the food till it cooks. You can set up the vacuum and temperature and walk away till your food is prepared.
- This cooking method is extremely energy efficient as it consumes less power as compared to some of the other traditional cooking methods and equipment.
- Overcooking in this cooking method is impossible, and you will not have to worry about the food items getting burned. As the food cannot cook at the temperature higher than that is set of water.
- It is found that food prepared from the sous vide cooking method tastes comparatively better. This is because the food items are allowed to marinate in its juices to enhance the flavors.
The sous vide products you need to buy
It is understood that the Sous Vide Cooking in Restaurants is not at possible without the right equipment and tools. That is why in this article we are mentioning some of the critical things that you need to buy in order to cook the food with this method correctly.
- Vacuum sealer bags
- Vacuum Sealer
- Plastic food box or storage tub
- Sous Vide Machine (Check out these great sous vide reviews to find the best one)
With the recipes and techniques available on the internet you can also cook the delicious sous vide dishes at your home with the help of the right equipment.